Do the RIPE Thing!
Our superior selection of fruits and vegetables from around the globe is the finest available - just right for your table! Eating right for health AND flavor is easy with our fresh choices. Come into Edwards Food Giant & see the freshness difference!
Use these easy, fun tips to help you eat a colorful variety of fruits and vegetables every day!
• Try hummus and whole wheat pitas.
• Snack on vegetables like bell pepper strips and broccoli with a low-fat or fat-free ranch dip.
• Try baked tortilla chips with black bean and corn salsa.
• Stash bags of dried fruit at your desk for a convenient snack.
• Keep a bowl of fruit on your desk or counter.
• Drink a fruit smoothie made with whole fruit, ice cubes, and low-fat or fat-free yogurt.
• Top a cup of fat-free or low-fat yogurt with sliced fresh fruit.
• For quick and easy snacks, stock up on fresh, dried, frozen, and canned fruits and vegetables.
• Pick up ready-packed salad greens from the produce shelf for a quick salad any time.
• Encourage your child to choose his or her own fruit when shopping.
• Store cleaned, cut-up vegetables in the fridge at eye level and keep a low-fat or fat-free dip on hand.
• Canned, dried, and frozen fruits and vegetables are also good options. Look for fruit without added sugar or syrups and vegetables without added salt, butter, or cream sauces.