My Shopping List
Grilled Sage Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
Courtesy of UK Seafish Authority
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 2 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 10 king scallops, shucked and without the roe
+ 20 fresh basil or sage leaves
+ 10 slices bacon, halved
+ 5 oz. prepared flavored oil, e.g. garlic or herb
What to do:
1. Preheat grill or barbecue
2. Cut large scallops in half horizontally to make 2 rounds. Place 2 basil or sage leaves on top of each scallop.
3. Stretch the bacon with the back of a knife and wrap each bacon strip around 1 scallop, then wrap a second (if used) across the first, to enclose the scallop.
4. Thread each scallop onto 2 pre-soaked wooden skewers, brush with the garlic or herb flavored oil and place onto a prepared foil-lined barbecue or grill, or griddle pan placed directly onto the barbecue.
5. Cook for 1-2 min., turning once and serve immediately.
Courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, White Table Wine